Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC, V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $129.53-$132.53/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 17th to September 2nd, 2023
Reports To: Assistant Summer Camp Directors, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Wellness Director.
The Wellness Director provides support in all areas of camp to ensure a healthy and safe camp environment for participants and staff, physically, socially, and emotionally. They ensure a clean and healthy camp environment is maintained through regular check-ins with campers and staff, facility audits, and supporting staff in providing a high degree of care for campers.
The Wellness Director also has responsibility for camper information systems at camp, including parent communication and confidential camper information. Record keeping and general health for campers and staff will be a constant concern for the Wellness Director.
The Wellness Director is a member of the senior staff team at camp. The senior staff team will work directly with the Summer Camp Director and Assistant Summer Camp Directors as a leadership team to build a positive camp culture and ensure the safety and overall wellbeing of all camp participants.
· Provide direct supervision to the Wellness Assistant. Work alongside Camp Social Worker to support staff and campers. Provide leadership and role modelling to all staff.
· Assist with developing and delivering innovative health and wellness training for staff & volunteers.
· Organizing, scheduling, and administering all participant medication and ensuring staff members are aware of this schedule.
· Communicate regularly with parents/guardians to keep them informed of any health/wellness concerns or questions regarding their children while they are at camp.
· Regularly administer first aid and respond to any health/wellness concerns for participants at camp.
· Ensure the Wellness Centre and all first aid kits at camp are adequately stocked with supplies.
· Organize all health forms for participants and ensure each camper family has completed the form prior to arriving at camp. Keep a written record of all Wellness Centre activity.
· Advanced First Aid (40+ hours), CPR-C
· Minimum 2 years in a nursing program
· Experience working in a healthcare field with children
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· EMT, RN, LPN or recent graduate of a nursing program
· Occupational First Aid Level 3
· Class 4 Driver’s License
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
© BC CAMPS ASSOCIATION 2016