Outdoor Education Program Coordinator
Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC,V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $126 per day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Spring Term: April 3rd to June 19th, 2023
Fall Term: September 4th to November 5th, 2023
Reports To: Outdoor Education Director
Applicants interested in summer and/or fall term positions preferred
Nature & Scope
The Outdoor Education Program Coordinator works with the Outdoor Education Director in our spring and fall seasons to oversee all major program areas, including the waterfront, challenge course, and archery, while maintaining all program equipment, ensuring all programs are meeting risk management standards, and delivering an experiential, participant-focused experience.
In conjunction with the Outdoor Education Group Coordinators, the Program Coordinators will be responsible for the general management of the YMCA Camp Elphinstone Outdoor Education Centre and the supervision, coaching, evaluation, and scheduling of program staff.
This position will mean role modelling child-centered behaviour, sometimes leading programs, and providing support in facility maintenance and upkeep
· Provide the required skills and expertise to operate safe and effective program areas.
· Help to develop the protocols and expectations of each program area. Assist in staff training and ongoing staff skill review.
· Ensure staff are trained, informed, and abiding by all policies, procedures, and risk management. Ensure all programs deliver safe, fun, and participant-focused experiences.
· Interact directly with children, establish and maintain positive communication with staff, teachers, participants, and guests.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Pleasure Craft Operators Card
· Class 4 Driver’s License
· Ability to work a flexible schedule according to operation needs
· Previous supervisory experience in camping, youth recreation, and/or experiential education
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· ACCT Level 2
· Wilderness First Responder
· Occupational First Aid Level 3
· Lifesaving Instructor
· Paddle Canada Instructor
· Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
© BC CAMPS ASSOCIATION 2016