June 17, 2019 to August 25, 2019
Full-time / Resident Camp Hours
Summer Camp and Outdoor Education Director
The Waterfront Director provides the expertise, experience and skills required for the operation, supervision and safety of the waterfront. The Waterfront Director will work with the Program, Wellness, Counselor and Belcarra Coordinators to provide support in the day-to-day operation and management of camp.
As a Summer Camp, Sasamat prides itself on its engaging and supportive community where children are made to feel included in the camp culture. The supportive nature of the camp allows for campers to try new activities and develop new skills with the help of caring staff members. Sasamat summer camp and Outdoor Centre is located in beautiful British Columbia.
1. Manage all program and waterfront instructor operations at the waterfront. Ensuring high level of programming and safety at all time.
2. In collaboration with the Summer Camp and Outdoor Education Director and the Associate Coordinators:
3. In collaboration with the Associate Coordinators:
3. Meet daily with Associate Coordinators and Summer Camp and Outdoor Education Director to discuss and evaluate the success of camping programs
4. Adhere to and support all camp policies and procedures as detailed in the Staff Manual
5. Report all accidents/incidents to the Executive Director/Summer Camp and Outdoor Education Director
6. Maintain high levels of staff morale and conduct by providing mentorship and support to staff and volunteers
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervision and Direction
Camper Group Leadership
Specialized Knowledge and Certification
Additional qualifications considered an asset
Direct and Indirect Reports
For complete details on positions offered please visit our website: at https://sasamat.org/Application_and_Hiring_Process_.html
To apply, please submit an application online on our website:
© BC CAMPS ASSOCIATION 2016