Sailing Instructor (2 Positions)
YMCA Camp Elphinstone
1760 YMCA Road
Rate of Pay: $111 – 114 per day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 22nd – August 23rd, 2019
Reports To: Waterfront Director, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Sailing Instructor.
The Sailing Instructors are responsible for designing and facilitating safe, engaging, and camper-focused sailing lessons. The waterfront is one of the focal points of Camp Elphinstone and the sailing instructors are expected and to ensure the program meets BCCA standards while working closely with the waterfront team to ensure that the waterfront delivers exceptional camper focused programs.
During sailing camp sessions, this person may be required to live in a cabin with another counsellor and up to 10 campers, ensuring emotional and physical safety for all.
Sailing Instructors are members of the program staff team at camp. The program staff team will responsible for instructing camp activities and supporting other staff in delivering programs. They will also have other daily responsibilities such as helping with supervision of campers, evening cabin support, facilitating early morning and evening programs, program logistics, and care/maintenance of camp program equipment.
· Work with the other 16 members of the program staff team to accomplish shared responsibilities.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card
· CANSail Instructor
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 successful reference checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· Paddle Canada (or equivalent) certification in canoeing, kayaking, sea kayaking, and/or SUP
· Lifesaving Instructor
© BC CAMPS ASSOCIATION 2016