Position Title: Head Chef/Food Services Supervisor
Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone: Gibsons, BC
Terms: Permanent, Full-time
Hiring Range: $35,000 - $45,000 annually
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reports To: Manager, YMCA Camp Elphinstone
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is located on the Sunshine Coast, a 40 minute ferry trip from Vancouver. The Sunshine Coast is a vibrant community committed to natural environments, sustainability and the arts. Potential to live on site if necessary.
Nature and Scope:
The Head Chef Supervisor, Food Services will provide leadership in the kitchen and in our hospitality department ensuring our services deliver on our vision of building a community in which a generation of children and families can reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Manager, the Supervisor will be responsible for developing and implementing high quality food service and hospitality, reviewing and updating systems, and ensuring adherence to Association policies and procedures. There is opportunity to live on-site at YMCA Camp Elphinstone.
· Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a supervisory/management role
· University Degree, Diploma, Certificate with significant experience in related field
· Developed interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
· Ability to multitask and remain results focused in a high demand environment
· Ability to work a flexible schedule according to operational needs
· Strong communication skills
· Standard First Aid-CPR C and WHIMIS Certificate required
· Food Safe Level 2 required
· Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority, and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development. Shares knowledge and experience.
Decision-Making: Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues: ability to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
© BC CAMPS ASSOCIATION 2016