Location: Work from home, British Columbia
Term: Permanent, part-time; 13-20 hours per week
Salary: $20.00 per hour; 4% vacation
Reports to: BCCA President
Who we are: The BC Camps Association (BCCA) is a non-profit organization that offers leadership and coordination to the camp movement in BC. The BCCA represents over 50 member camps. The camp members are diverse. There are religious, secular, and agency camps. There are seasonal operations, year-round camps, volunteer-driven organizations, or large staff teams. Throughout BC, their operations encompass over-night summer camps programs, outdoor schools, day camps, outdoor leadership programs, retreat programs and/or venue rentals.
A key aim of the organization is to improve the safety and quality of camp experiences in BC. This is achieved through running a province-wide accreditation program, offering professional development networking opportunities to camp professionals, and promoting the benefits of camp to the BC public. The BCCA is governed through a board of directors composed of 11 representatives from around the province.
What you will do: The Program Coordinator reports to the President of the BC Camps Association to work within the established BC Camps Association guidelines and policies to ensure that confidentiality, safety, quality, concern for the environment and health and follow relevant government regulations and laws at all times. Key responsibilities include day-to-day administration, corporate relationships, conference planning, accreditation coordination, regular communication, marketing and social media, as well as member management through our database.
What you will bring: The Program Coordinator is the sole staff person for the Association. They will be passionate about and have experience in the camping industry. This person will demonstrate a strong ability to create and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders; and be flexible, self-directed, and take initiative.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in regular updates and maintenance of the accreditation standards manual
* Administer annual accreditation process, including arranging and recruiting visitors, sending visit package, and ensuring visits are scheduled
* Collect accreditation paperwork after visits and compile into an accreditation report
* Collect receipts and submit accreditation expense reports for visitor reimbursement
* Follow-up regarding outstanding items and deficiencies on accreditations and issue letters of accreditation
* Distribute accreditation signs and stickers
* Assist the Accreditation Chair with all other incoming inquiries and tasks in regard to accreditation
Marketing and Communications
* Ensure consistent quality internal communications
* Share relevant content (articles, news, podcasts, events, etc.) through BCCA media channels
* Manage website and ensure current and relevant information
* Create monthly email newsletter
* Manage and content create for social media channels
Corporate sponsor Relations
* Maintain Sponsorship Materials including Sponsorship Package and webpage
* Communicate with potential sponsors to solicit sponsorship
* Arrange feature e-blasts and other sponsor advertising elements
* Oversee billing and renewals for corporate sponsor fees
* Plan and execute conference trade show including contacting potential vendors and gathering registrations
* Solicit and coordinate other sponsored activities and conference offerings such as swag bags, sponsored events, and marketing materials for conference program
* Assist conference committee with marketing and communications
* Complete administrative tasks related to annual AGM including AGM report, voting cards, AGM sign-in, accreditation sign-up, slide show, Constitution & Bylaws, etc
* Maintain reports through BC Societies
* Create agenda for monthly board meeting and distribute minutes and other required materials
* Attend monthly BCCA board meetings, file and maintain board meeting minutes
* Bill members for yearly renewal
* Answer member questions via email or phone, providing insight where available or directing to resources within our organization
* Assist or oversee tasks or projects that are mandatory to the function of the BCCA or that would greatly improve the experience of membership, the board of directors, or BCCA staff
* Diploma, degree, or equivalent of experience, in Outdoor Recreation, Business Administration, or Non-Profit Management.
* Excellent organization, customer service, time management, and teamwork abilities
* Ability to manage stress, problem solve, and thrive in a high demand environment
* Proven self-starter who is able to work with little supervision.
* Demonstrated knowledge in camping industry and accreditation.
* Physical ability to complete the tasks required.
* Occasional use of personal vehicle.
* Use of personal laptop. Phone will be provided.
* Three satisfactory professional references.
* Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
* Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
* Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short- and long-term goals.
* Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
* Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s experience.
* Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
* Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
* Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
* Semi-annual in-person Board Meetings: spring and fall
* Conference: late January/ early February
* Accreditation visits as necessary: July/ August
* CCA National Leadership Forum, as decided by BCCA Board: November
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter, resume, and three references, by Wednesday October 13th at 5:00pm, to Stephanie Deol, BCCA President, at email@example.com
© BC CAMPS ASSOCIATION 2016